Stedmans has kept Worthing on the road since 1923.
There aren’t many garages that can trace their history back nearly one hundred years. Alfred James Stedman founded this business in 1923 to provide petrol, servicing and repairs for the growing numbers of car owners in the Worthing area between the wars.
During World War II, due to it’s close proximity to RAF Tangmere Fighter Base, the garage was commandeered by the Government and transformed into a munitions factory, staffed mainly by women for the duration of the war.
During the 1950s Stedmans specialised in Austin and Morris, and when these brands became part of the larger BLMC group in 1968 the garage gained the franchise to offer new and used cars alongside the after sales service.
The business continued in the same family for over fifty years, earning a reputation for reliability and value.
Stedmans is still a family owned and managed business, now in the expert hands of Mark Gorringe, supported by his parents Donna and Paul who operate another local garage – Storrington Auto Repairs.
Mark continues the tradition of providing high quality workmanship at very reasonable prices together with outstanding customer service.